WHAT MAKES A GREAT VIDEO?
Here are some tips to think about when making your video. Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
We want to get to know who you are as a person. How will your life experience help you win The Bet House? How will you interact with the other houseguests? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples. We love a good story! Also, be sure there is no cursing or swearing in your video. This will automatically disqualify you from entry.
Making a casting video is not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes.
We’re looking for real people and we want to see the real you.
If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on the Bet House.
If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you win the show.
1. If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
2. Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in. This will cause silhouetting.
3. When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you. This will also cause silhouetting.
4. Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
1. Speak loudly and clearly.
2. Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
3. If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
4. If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy. The wind will distort the microphone.
1. Introduce yourself – we want to get to know who you are as a person.
2. Explain how will your life experience help you win The Bet House?
3. When describing yourself, remember to cite real-life examples.
4. No cursing or swearing in your video – this will automatically disqualify you from entry.
1. Your video will be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
2. Make sure your camera lens is clean so we can see you clearly.